Program Length: 12 weeks
Participants learn office and business skills necessary to succeed in administrative roles.
• Business English, vocabulary and terminology
• Efficient communication skills, letter writing, memos, reports
• Reception skills and multi-line phone skills
• Office procedures (filing, documenting, record-keeping, bank deposits)
• Office equipment (faxes, copiers, printers, scanners)
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Typing training
• Basic accounting and bookkeeping
• Social media skills
• WHMIS Certificate
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
To enhance their skills, participants will complete a two week co-op placement with a prospective employer, not-for profit organization or government office.