Your job search begins with one of our employment counsellors. Together you will identify obstacles and develop an employment action plan that will lead you toward employment.
An Initial Assessment and Employment Action Plan
Our Employment Counsellors will meet with you one-on-one and genuinely listen to your situation. They will help you identify the obstacles that need to be overcome and assist you in determining the steps you can take to move forward. By the end of this appointment you will have a plan that will lead you toward employment.
Workshops on Employment and Job Searching:
Getting Ready Workshop
Getting Ready is for those who have been out of the workforce for more than a year. You will learn what employers look for in valued employees and help you develop the skills to be a valued employee. Topics for this one-week workshop include:
- Introduction to what Pathways can offer
- Barriers and the resources to overcome
- Improved decision-making
- Managing time and managing stress
- Accessing the hidden job market
Getting the Interview Workshop
Getting the Interview focuses on the skills needed to: search for work effectively, “market” yourself through networking, conduct informational interviews, write great cover letters, set goals and develop self-esteem. Topics include:
- Transferable skills
- Setting Smart Goals – and reaching them!
- 20 second summary – your ‘elevator pitch’
- How to keep your motivation level high
- Hands-on training opportunities
Getting the Job Workshop
Getting the Job and Keeping it! Prepares you to market yourself to employers, be hired and work as a highly valued employee. This workshop includes a practice interview with feedback from highly skilled staff members. Topics include:
- Interview techniques that work
- Who to include on your reference list – and who not to include
- Personality profiles to help you understand your work style and the work style others’
- Questions to ask at an interview and questions to avoid
- What to do before your interview begins
Do you need other training or a certification to meet an employers’ qualifications or to make your resume complete? Pathways offers a variety of training and certifications.