Current employment opportunities are listed below.
If you are interested in one of the job postings, please submit your application as indicated in the posting.
Community Woodshop Summer Student
The Community Woodshop Summer Student will work with our Woodshop Staff and Volunteers to create a welcoming environment of collaboration, expertise and learning.
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of all tools and machinery
- Develop a supportive culture of learning with a passion for woodworking
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Ensure proper usage of the machines among Woodshop members
- Facilitate workshops and classes to a wide variety of groups and clubs
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
- Recruit and build membership
Must Have Skills and experience:
- Presently enrolled in post-secondary institution in either Woodworking, Carpentry or Cabinetry Making
- Experience and formal training in woodworking and carpentry
- Passion and ability to transfer knowledge and skills to people of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience working from plans and drawings
- Strong math skills, ability to work with detailed measurements
- First Aid/CPR is an asset
- You must be returning to a post-secondary institution in September
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with “Woodshop Summer Student” in the subject line via email. YOU MUST INCLUDE details as to your Fall 2018 educational enrollment.
The deadline for applications is April 13th, 2018 at 4:00 PM. Pathways Skill Development is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are presently seeking a positive, energetic and detailed individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant. Your focus on detail and commitment to accuracy blended with the ability to manage diverse tasks with efficiency make you the ideal candidate. You are a quick learner, and very adept with all Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Access.
You will report to the Director of Client Services and will:
- Provide administrative support to each of our front line teams including tracking, data entry and report development and referral management
- Create and manage spreadsheets, Access queries, and other tracking and reporting mechanisms
- Manage filing systems, creating and organizing client files and maintaining a high level of organization and detail
- Work effectively with front line staff who will rely on you for administrative support to provide the highest quality client service
- Provide coverage for reception and the resource room as part of the administrative and employment placement team
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director and other teams as needed
Must Have Skills and experience:
- Graduate of Office Administration program or equivalent experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work at a high level of efficiency, managing diverse tasks with focus, accuracy and speed.
- 3-5 years previous experience
- Keyboarding speed of 65+ wpm with accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required, experience in Microsoft Access is an important asset
- Enthusiastic and positive individual with strong work ethic and initiative
- Able to move easily between a variety of tasks without frustration and adapt easily to changing processes and priorities
- Superior organization skills, able to create structures and processes that remove any administrative gaps
Please send your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, to email@example.com, with Administrative in the subject line. Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications, however, only those individuals chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Posting closes April 5, 2018 at noon. No phone calls please.