Current employment opportunities are listed below.
If you are interested in one of the job postings, please submit your application as indicated in the posting
LONDON WOODSHOP ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Job Description: The London Woodshop Activities Coordinator will work with our Woodshop Staff and Volunteers to develop and facilitate a variety of community seniors programs.
- Finalize seniors summer programming schedule alongside Woodshop Coordinator
- Develop and facilitate workshops and classes for a wide variety of community members
- Coordinate the Community Volunteers’ Summer Project
- Develop a supportive culture of learning and a passion for woodworking
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of all tools and machinery
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
- Presently enrolled in post-secondary institution or experience in woodworking, Carpentry or Cabinetry Making
- Knowledge and experience with woodworking equipment and safety practices
- Passion and ability to transfer knowledge and skills to people of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience working from plans and drawings
- Strong math skills, ability to work with detailed measurements
- Comfort working with a variety of digital tools, including: Zoom and the Google Suite
- First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Access to a computer and the internet
Note: Due to Covid-19 measures, this position will require the ability to access the internet and use online platforms to create, facilitate and monitor community projects and programs.
[As this is a Canada Summer Jobs Initiative applicants must have been born between May 1, 1990 and May 1 2002]
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with “London Woodshop” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 at 4:00 PM. Pathways Skill Development is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.