Current employment opportunities are listed below. If you are interested in one of the job postings, please submit your application as indicated in the posting.
Reporting to the Employment Services Team Leader, the successful candidate will blend already existing employer connections with the ability to create new employer relationships, uncover new job opportunities for Pathways’ clients, and effectively coach and encourage clients to find and retain successful employment. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, friendly and fit quickly into a variety of team settings. The successful candidate has connections in the community, with local employers, and most helpfully in the areas of construction and renovation.
Is this you? Then you should definitely apply!
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in business, marketing, or human resources or significant business/industry experience offering similar skill sets
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated success
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Connections to area employers in the construction sector would be an asset
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Self-motivated and able to manage tasks and outreach independently
- Good understanding of job search strategies, London labour market information, resume creation and networking
- You have a great sense of humour and the ability to maintain calm and composure in all situations.
- You have a desire to assist others without taking ownership of their situations
- You are known for your openness and non-judgemental approach as well as for your gracious directness and good problem solving skills
This is what you will do:
- Network, interact, and liaise with local employers to market Pathways’ services, offerings and clientele and to elicit employment opportunities for Pathways’ clients
- Assess and advise clients with strategies and steps for attaining employment as well as assist in placing clients in suitable job opportunities
- Work with Skills Training Facilitators to create and implement Co-op opportunities for students
- Work with graduates of Pathways’ Skills Training programs to secure appropriate employment
- Conduct client placement intake and assessment meetings to evaluate client readiness and next steps
- Create and nurture strong relationships with clients and employers, monitoring placement situations to ensure retention
- Interact with clients during weekly networking session
- Maintain detailed records of client and employer interactions
- Meet weekly targets for employer contacts and monthly success measures for new employers, job opportunities, and hires
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Pathways does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Note employment specialist in the subject line. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than Sept 2, 2020.
LONDON WOODSHOP ACTIVITIES COORDINATOR
Job Description: The London Woodshop Activities Coordinator will work with our Woodshop Staff and Volunteers to develop and facilitate a variety of community seniors programs.
- Finalize seniors summer programming schedule alongside Woodshop Coordinator
- Develop and facilitate workshops and classes for a wide variety of community members
- Coordinate the Community Volunteers’ Summer Project
- Develop a supportive culture of learning and a passion for woodworking
- Provide orientation and information sessions to new and potential participants
- Monitor and maintain safe usage and upkeep of all tools and machinery
- Administer membership policies and practices to ensure an open and fair environment
- Presently enrolled in post-secondary institution or experience in woodworking, Carpentry or Cabinetry Making
- Knowledge and experience with woodworking equipment and safety practices
- Passion and ability to transfer knowledge and skills to people of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience working from plans and drawings
- Strong math skills, ability to work with detailed measurements
- Comfort working with a variety of digital tools, including: Zoom and the Google Suite
- First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Access to a computer and the internet
Note: Due to Covid-19 measures, this position will require the ability to access the internet and use online platforms to create, facilitate and monitor community projects and programs.
[As this is a Canada Summer Jobs Initiative applicants must have been born between May 1, 1990 and May 1 2002]
Interested applicants should send Resume and Cover letter in Microsoft Word format or .pdf format with “London Woodshop” in the subject line to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, September, 2nd 2020 at 4:00 PM. Pathways Skill Development is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.