Your job search begins with one of our Employment Counsellors. Together you will identify barriers and develop an employment action plan that will lead you toward employment.
An Initial Assessment and Employment Action Plan
Our Employment Counsellors will meet with you one-on-one and genuinely listen to your situation. They will help you identify the barriers that need to be overcome and assist you in determining the steps you can take to move forward. By the end of this appointment you will have a plan that will lead you toward employment.
Workshops on Employment and Job Searching:
Getting Ready Workshop
Getting Ready is for those who have been out of the workforce for an extended period of time. You will learn what employers look for and develop the skills to be a valued employee. Topics for this one-week workshop include:
- Introduction to what Pathways can offer
- Identify barriers and the resources to overcome them
- Understand job search methods
- Improved decision-making
- Managing time and managing stress
Getting the Interview Workshop
Getting the Interview focuses on the skills needed to: search for work effectively, market yourself through networking, conduct informational interviews, write great cover letters, set goals and develop self-esteem. Topics include:
- Setting Smart Goals – and reaching them!
- Identify transferable skills
- Craft your 20 second summary – your ‘elevator pitch’
- Learn to network, cold call and find hidden jobs
- Write a resume and cover letter
Getting the Job Workshop
Getting the Job and Keeping it! Prepares you to market yourself to employers, be hired and work as a highly valued employee. This workshop includes a practice interview with feedback from highly skilled staff members. Topics include:
- Master effective Interview techniques
- Practice your interview skills
- Who to include on your reference list
- Personality profiles to help you understand your work style and the work style of others
- Questions to ask at an interview and questions to avoid
- Develop financial management skills
We offer customized, flexible training delivered in one-on-one and small group settings.
Do you need other training or a certification to meet an employer’s qualifications or to make your resume complete? Pathways offers a variety of training and certifications. Learn more about the Specialized Training and Certifications that we offer.
Booster Sessions: Online Sessions for Job Seekers
Pathways is thrilled to offer FREE online sessions to assist job seekers in finding and keeping employment. Everyone is welcome, please join us on Zoom! You do not need a camera to participate! Each session is approximately 45 – 60 minutes long. See the full Booster Session schedule.