Current employment opportunities are listed below. If you are interested in one of the job postings, please submit your application as indicated in the posting.
Business Liaison Specialist
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy. Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring a Business Liaison Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Employment Services, the successful candidate will blend already existing employer connections with the ability to create new employer relationships, uncover new job opportunities for PEHC clients, and effectively coach and encourage clients to find and retain successful employment. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, friendly and fit quickly into a variety of team settings. The successful candidate has connections in the community with local employers.
Is this you? Then you should definitely apply!
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in business, marketing, or human resources or significant business/industry experience offering similar skill sets
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrated success
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Existing relationships with local businesses
- Have demonstrated experience in sales, negotiation, building partnerships, innovation, and coaching
- Self-motivated and able to manage tasks and outreach independently
- Good understanding of job search strategies, London labour market information, resume creation and networking
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with businesses through regular, face-to-face contacts that foster support and encourage participation
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment, and establish rapport with clients facing multiple employment barriers
This is what you will do.
- Market PEHC’s services, offerings and clientele and to elicit employment opportunities for PEHC’s clients
- Assess and advise clients with strategies and steps for attaining employment as well as assist in placing clients in suitable job opportunities
- Collaborate with skills training facilitators to create and implement co-op opportunities for students
- Conduct client placement intake and assessment meetings to evaluate client readiness and next steps
- Maintain detailed records of client and employer interactions
- Meet weekly and monthly targets associated with multiple funding programs
- Negotiate training incentive contracts with employers according to current guidelines and funding, identifying employer needs and workplace opportunities for clients
- Prepare and maintain necessary documentation for accounting procedures, including invoicing and contract negotiation
- Market and negotiate with employers regarding the Canada Ontario Jobs Grant program
PEHC is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to email@example.com with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Note Business Liaison Specialist in the subject line. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than Wednesday, May 7th,2021.